First Point Assessment (FPAL) is the world’s leading oil & gas industry supply chain database. FPAL is the key tool used by oil & gas purchasers to identify and select current and potential suppliers when awarding contracts or purchase orders.
- Improves business relationships through performance discussions
- A fair, transparent and open tender list selection process
- An assured working environment where your company’s current capabilities will be visible to potential customers
- The opportunity to save money, time and the effort associated with the completion of repetitive pre-qualification
- A primary route to new and continued business. A simple and highly effective channel for accessing contract opportunities within the sector
The process replaces internal approved vendor lists and eliminates costly duplication in pre-qualifying suppliers. The system matches the needs of over 90 purchasing organisations with the capabilities of over 3000 supplying organisations.
FPAL, the direct route to business in the Oil & Gas Industry, aims to find the perfect supplier for every buyer. FPAL works to identify, qualify, evaluate and monitor suppliers on behalf of its Purchasing members.
FPAL was established in 1996 and is governed by an industry-based steering committee which includes representatives of Operators, Contractors and Suppliers.